Hope House Shelter Monitor Job Description
Duties & Responsibilities:
> Provide oversight of the shelter facility and guests
> Develop a rapport with guests and assist in meeting their needs.
> Communicate program rules to guests and assure compliance.
> Conduct guest intakes.
> Prepare documentation of shift activities, goods, and services provided and in-kind donations received as per agency protocols.
> Provide oversight and assist with meal preparation and clean up.
> Perform housekeeping and other maintenance tasks as needed.
> Role model positive, professional behavior including appearance and communication.
> Attend required staff meetings and training.
> Assist Hope House volunteers with meals and etc.
> Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or Equivalent
Other qualifying skills and experience
Required Skills, Abilities, and Attributes:
- Ability to work flexible hours/schedules if necessary.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective crisis intervention skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Good professional boundaries.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be self-directed.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Functions well within a team environment.
- Must be able to climb stairs.
- Must be able to squat, bend, and do overhead reaching and lifting.
-- Ability to walk for long periods of time.
Job Type: Part-time/Full Time
Salary: $10.00 /hour